When you get serious about marketing your practice online you?ll find yourself creating a lot of content. And if you’re not already creating content, then this is your reminder to start creating content ASAP!
Assuming you are creating content, you’ll want to stay organized. Staying organized is going to make your life a lot easier. You’ll be able to determine what kind of content you have already created, you’ll be able to pull from the content you have created that has done well and elaborate on it/enhance it, and you’ll be able to get new ideas for content creation as well!
If you don?t have an organized system in place, you?ll have content all over the place and no real way to keep track of what you have done. Because you?ll oftentimes draw on your previous content to enhance it and create newer content, you?ll want to have a simple system that you can follow to help you keep your content organized.?
Best Tools To Help You Stay Organized:?
The best way to keep up with all of your content is to use some kind of note-taking system that will allow you to easily see all of your content and be able to manage everything. Great tools for this could include Google Keep, Evernote, Notes app on your phone, and Google Docs, or a Google Drive (my personal favorite). You could also use a social media scheduler, but it?s great to have your content backed up somewhere else too (FYI thats why I use google docs). ?I also like the fact that with Google Drive I can access my information from anywhere!
Once you?ve chosen the tool that you?re going to use to organize all of your social media and online content, here is a simple organization checklist to help you keep track of the content that you?re going to create and the content that you have already created.
- Create a folder for the current year that you?re creating content for right now- – this way it?s easy for you to look for everything that you have and you are creating
- Then create a new folder for each of the months of the year, and it helps if you put the number of the month in front of the name so that they stay in order
- (Optional) Break down the folders into weeks if that will be easier for you and if you find that you create a lot of content each week. ?Personally, I keep my files organized by the month!
- Inside of each of the folders create a note/document with your content that you?ve created and include the photos
- Make sure that you?re naming everything for the date that it goes live and a description so you know what kind of content it is
- Name your images the same as your notes so that they can stay together
- Set a day on your calendar once per month or once per week to organize all of your content so that you avoid being overwhelmed when you decide to batch and organize everything?
This organization plan should help you to manage the content that you?re creating for your social media marketing, as well as any blog content you plan to create/have created. Using a simple system like this will help you stay on top of everything and you will find that keeping your content streamlined, in alignment with your brand, and easier to share will be a lot better for you. You’ll be able to look back at the content you have already created with ease, and use it to create more content!?
As always, I’ve created a little cheat sheet that should help you with this process. ?Make sure to download that below!