Sedation Dentistry in Newport Beach, CA
We all love to walk out of the dentist’s office with fresh-feeling teeth and an improved state of oral health, but for some people, the idea of actually going to the dentist can make them downright fearful. Yet, not only the timid elects sedation dentistry. Some patients have to undergo multiple cosmetic procedures, but do not have the time to revisit Dr. Yazdan office. In these situations, sedation dentistry can help comfort a patient’s experience, and help make the most of their time spent with us.
We offer comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry.
Patients who benefit commonly have:
- A fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- A hard time sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time becoming (and staying) numb from anesthetics
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation allows your doctor to provide a variety of dental treatments safely and comfortably to patients who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist. There are several benefits, including:
- No memory of undergoing the procedure
- No sense of time while under sedation
- No sense of smell or sound
- No fear or anxiety during treatment
Patients who have undergone a procedure using sedation dentistry will tell you it is a simple, relaxing way to experience dentistry.
What levels of sedation are available to me?
There is no need to be nervous about having sedation performed at our practice. We are licensed by the American Dental Association, and you will find that we are both respectful and professional at all times.
We offer IV sedation by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist as well as Nitrous Oxide.
How are sedatives administered?
- Oral — An extremely common technique for dental sedation is oral sedation. It is easy and does not require the use of needles.
You will be given a prescription pill to be taken about an hour before your appointment, and by the time you arrive at our office, you will be fully relaxed.