Porcelain is the most popular choice for the crown material because of its durability as well as the texture and color that can be perfectly matched to your natural teeth. The porcelain dental bridges and crowns offered by our restorative and cosmetic dental offices in Newport Beach satisfy the most refined tastes. Our facilities are equipped with the state-of-the art solutions and we use the finest materials available in contemporary dentistry.
A dental bridge is a false tooth or a set of two false teeth built to cover the gap between the existing natural or implanted teeth. A dental bridge serves one or all of the following functions:
- Restoration of patient’s ability to chew food
- Restoration of proper speech
- Restoration of the natural shape of patient’s face
- As a space holder, to prevent existing teeth from moving around and becoming unstable
Depending on the complexity of your individual case, the placement of dental crowns and bridges usually requires at least two appointments.
Types Of Dental Bridges
Our office in Newport Beach offers three general types of bridges:
- Traditional bridge – the most common type of bridge that requires placing a crown for the tooth or implant on both sides of the missing tooth (teeth), with false teeth in between. The materials used might be either ceramic or porcelain combined with metal.
- Cantilever bridge is a type of bridge that usually consists of two false teeth attached to adjacent teeth only on one side, when there are no teeth on the other side.
- Maryland bonded bridges are the least expensive kind that is made of false teeth and gums made of porcelain?and attached to a metal frame. It is held in place with the help of metal wings on either side of the bridge.
Cost Of Dental Crowns & Bridges
The cost of crowns and bridges is affected by a variety of factors like their type, materials used, the complexity and scope of work being done. In most cases, up to half of the cost of crowns and bridges can be covered by dental insurance. You can review your individual insurance policy or ask Dr. Yazdan’s Newport Beach office to check with you insurance company for you.
Benefits Of Our Dental Crowns & Bridges
The biggest benefit of dental crown and bridges is your healthy, natural-looking and attractive smile. Having broken or missing teeth affects not only your appearance but also your ability to chew food and speak properly. With a dental crown, you will be able to save, protect and strengthen a damaged tooth. Dental crowns and bridges at our Newport Beach dental clinic look and feel natural and meet the highest standards of quality.
What Are Inlays And Onlays?
We use inlays and onlays made of porcelain or composite resin. These pieces are bonded to the area of the tooth that has been removed due to damage. Inlays, similar to a filling, are used inside the cusp tips of a tooth. Onlays are a more substantial reconstruction, extending out over one or more of the cusps of a tooth.
While traditional fillings can reduce tooth strength by up to 50%, inlays and onlays made of high strength resins can actually increase tooth strength by up to 75%.