Straightening Smiles in Newport Beach
Not everyone has a naturally perfect smile; but many alignment issues can be resolved with braces or invisalign treatments. Crooked, crowded or poorly aligned teeth and misaligned jaws are not uncommon, but many people don’t know that such problems are not only cosmetic. Disorder in your mouth also has health risks, some of which are:
- Inability to properly chew food, which may lead to digestive problems
- Danger of breaking a tooth due to strain in jaws or teeth
- Difficulty maintaining dental hygiene, which may result in tooth decay, periodontitis (perio disease), gingivitis, gum inflammation/recession, and eventually, loss of bone tissue and teeth
- Psychological problems, low self-esteem due of unsightly appearance
All these conditions can be corrected or avoided with the help of orthodontics an area of cosmetic dentistry that corrects teeth and jaw problems using special devices, like various orthodontic braces and retainers. Orthodontics at Dr. Yazdan’s office is devoted to bringing teeth, lips, and jaws into proper alignment to create beautiful smiles for our Orange County patients.
Various braces and orthodontic retainers are the most common devices that put gentle pressure on misaligned teeth to slowly force them into a proper position. Besides crooked teeth, braces are used to treat bite misalignment and some other teeth and jaw problems.
Our restorative and cosmetic dental offices in Newport Beach offer several painless orthodontic treatment options, including the most popular:
- Dental braces: These light metal constructions are semi-permanently attached to the outer side of your teeth. Braces are a popular choice because of their affordability and a shorter treatment time. Orthodontic braces cannot be removed without the help of an orthodontist and their use requires regular professional cleaning to prevent accumulation of dental plaque.
- Orthodontic retainers: They are removable metallic devices that consist of plastic and wires, and completely hide inside a patient’s mouth. They are often used following the treatment with orthodontic braces to help keep the teeth and gums settle in their new position. Retainers are also helpful in correcting overbite, underbite and crossbite.
- Invisalign invisible braces: Invisalign is gaining more and more popularity because of its convenience and aesthetic qualities. These light, plastic aligners are discreet, more comfortable than traditional orthodontic braces, and most importantly, can be easily removed any time at your convenience. That allows you to clean your teeth as well as enjoy any food without worrying about breaking your braces or having food trapped between the brace and your teeth. Invisalign also requires fewer trips to your dental office.