If you’ve always wanted straighter teeth but hate the thought of metal braces, Invisalign® may be the treatment you’re looking for.
Many Orange County Beach Invisalign® patients choose this procedure over traditional braces for the following reasons:
- They are made of a clear material that is less obvious than metal braces
- Irritation is minimal because there are no wires that can poke and cause pain
- They can be removed to eat, brush and floss
- Newport Beach dentist, Desiree Yazdan, D.D.S., will begin the process by taking impressions of your teeth in order to make your customized Invisalign® tray. These impressions will be used to make the clear aligners used to correct your teeth. Through computer imaging, you will be able to see the progression of your Invisalign® therapy and what your teeth will look like after your treatment is completed.
- After a few weeks, you’ll return to Dr. Yazdan and receive your sets of invisible teeth aligners. You’ll wear the clear braces 24 hours a day and remove them only when necessary for two weeks. Then you’ll receive your next aligner, and the process begins all over again until your teeth are in their new position.
- Treatment may take anywhere from six months to a year, depending on the amount of correction your teeth require. The result is a full set of aligned teeth that you can be proud to show off!
- Braces can be a life-altering tool! It is important that the experience be as comfortable as possible for you. With Invisalign®, not only is it less obvious that you are wearing braces, it is also less of an inconvenience because they can be removed when necessary. Since Invisalign® can be taken out of the mouth, there are no restrictions on what you can eat or drink as with regular braces.